Bookbinding Workshop with JuJu Books – Make a Hand Sewn Journal
Time & Location
About The Event
Join Gillian Stewart, professional bookbinder and owner of prize-winning studio Juju Books, to learn how to make a book at home!
Your kit, posted out to you, will contain all the professional tools and materials you’ll need to make your book by hand. Gillian will lead you through the process from start to finish, sharing traditional skills from the world of bookbinding and tricks of the trade.
Total time - around 2 hours
This method, known as Long Stitch, makes a feature of the beautiful hand sewing on the spine. The pages open completely flat to let your ideas spread across the full page.
Kit contains: 80 plain pages of 120gsm FSC certified paper Bookbinders board, cut to size Linen thread Bookcloth Decorative paper inners Bookbinders needle Awl Glue Vegan bone folder Hole punching guides Bulldog clip
You’ll need: Scissors An old newspaper or waste paperBook your ticket
- Book your ticket - decide which colour you would like.
- We will post you your workshop kit
- The workshop is pre recorded so you can enjoy it at your own pace and at a time that suits you - we will send you a link
- The workshop will be available to watch from 11am Saturday 21st - Sunday 13th December at 10pm
- The workshop leader will be available for questions at certain times (we will confirm this with you) for questions
For group bookings and discounts (over 6 tickets) please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Thing to note:
Over 16's Only.
Please allow up to 5 days for packaging and postage of your kit - we will get your kit to you as soon as we can however if circumstances change with lockdown postage times there may be a slight delay.
No refunds or returns.
The kit may differ from images.
- Workshop Kit£30£300£0
- Workshop - European Postage£35£350£0